How to Cancel an Allegiant Air Flight – The Allegiant Air Flight Cancelation Policy, Cancelation Fee and 24-hour Refund Policy
Canceling the flight you booked for your dream vacation or a much-awaited meeting with a loved one is very painful. Imagine the hopelessness of missing out on an eagerly-awaited offshore reunion with old friends due to an unexpected flight cancelation. And add to it the woes of forfeiting all you paid for due to stringent airline policies and strict cancelation terms and conditions. No matter how well you plan your trips, unexpected events such as a changed schedule at work, a health issue or an accident can throw your plans out of gear any time. Even disruptions caused by mechanical issues from the airlines are fairly common.Therefore, a thorough understanding of an airline’s cancelation and refund policies is a must to save yourself from salt being added to your wounds, because vacations are, after all, supposed to bring peace of mind.The Allegiant Air Cancelation policy informs, guides and educates passengers about the flight cancelation rules and procedures so that passengers can act wise and choose the options that suit them the most at the time of booking their flights.
The Allegiant Air Cancellation Policy
But compared to other airlines, the Allegiant Air Cancellation Policy is a bit restrictive. Though the airline reduced the cancelation fee to some extent during the pandemic, many other rules and terms, especially the ones related to the cancelation timeline and no-shows, remain rigid and limiting till date. This article talks about the various aspects of the Allegiant Air Flight Cancellation Policy, its 24-hour cancelation timeline, the 7 days cut-off time and the cancelation fees that apply. The policy includes guidelines about the issuance of refunds and credit vouchers and provides valuable input on cancelation and refund procedures. All of these and more have been discussed in the following sections.
However, for a better understanding of the Allegiant Air Cancellation Policy, it is important to know the different fare types, tickets and bundles before focusing on the nitty-gritty of the associated terms and conditions. Here’s some helpful information on them to start with.
Allegiant Air Fare Classes
Since Allegiant Air is an Ultra-Low-Cost Carrier (ULCC), all Allegiant flights have only one cabin class which is Economy. Allegiant planes do not have a Business or First Class, but most of them have 90:10 seating arrangements between standard seating and seats with extra leg rooms. To deliver its promise of providing quality travel at the cheapest price, the airline sells all regular travel options that are commonly attached to the traditional airfares separately on an a-le-carte basis from the base fares. However, the airline also combines some of the most in-demandand popular travel options such as extra bags, preferred seats and onboard meals with not-so-sought-after products such as priority boarding and sells them as a package with flights at extra discounts. The three types of fare combinations offered by the airline are
- a. Allegiant Basic
- b. Allegiant Bonus
- c. Allegiant Total
The Allegiant Basic is the lowest fare offered by the airline which allows passengers to get onboard with only one personal item. All other products and services such as a checked bag, carry-on baggage, seat selection and even Trip Flex can be added to the fare as per needs at extra costs. The other two fares combine many of these at discounted rates offering a higher level of flexibility. So, with Allegiant Air, passengers have the option of choosing between an unbundled fare stripped of basic amenities and bundled fares with conveniences added and sold at additional discounts.
Allegiant Air also combines various popular extras or optional products and sells them as bundles at discounted prices on select routes. The different combinations of such bundles can be added to standard fares at the time of booking. The bundles are non-cancelable and non-refundable. The extras and optional products included in the bundles can’t be separated and used individually. Passengers who buy these bundles must use all of them.
The product that sets Allegiant apart from all other airlines is Trip Flex. It is a non-refundable add-on that can be added as an extra to any standard Allegiant Air flight ticket at the time of booking. The cost of adding this to a reservation varies between $29 and $43 per person and per segment depending on the itinerary.The product offers greater flexibility to regular tickets in terms of cancelation cut-off time and chargeable penalties. Where passengers with regular tickets are not allowed to cancel their reservations within 7 days of departure as per the terms of the Allegiant Air Cancelation policy, they are permitted to do so up to 1 hour before departure with Trip Flex added and that too without being charged any cancelation fee.
The concept of refundability applies to Allegiant fares subject to their cut-off times. Both the refundable and non-refundable fares are discussed below in accordance with the concept of the ticket-cancelation timeline.
All Allegiant Air tickets irrespective of fare type and whether Trip Flex is added to them or not are fully refundable if canceled within 24 hours of purchase. The Allegiant Air 24-Hour Cancelation policy has been discussed in detail later in this article, according to which passengers aren’t even charged any cancelation fee for flight cancelations within 24 hours. The major condition for this timeline principle to apply is the tickets must be booked at least 7 days before the flight’s scheduled departure. The 24 hours mentioned here refers to the exact time between flight booking and cancelation. All refunds issued are sent back to the original forms of payment minus booking fees and carrier charges.
The same Allegiant Air flight tickets become non-refundable if they are canceled after the 24-hour deadline passes. Passengers have to pay a cancelation fee for canceling standard tickets after 24 hours of purchase. And as the name suggests, no refunds are issued in such cases as per the terms and conditions of the Allegiant Air Flight cancelation policy. Booking fees, carrier charges and cancelation fees are deducted from the value of the canceled tickets and the remaining funds are encoded into credit vouchers and subsequently issued to passengers. The issued vouchers can be used for flight bookings in the future. Credit vouchers are not issued if non-refundable tickets are canceled within 7 days of scheduled departure. The full booking amounts are forfeited in such cases. However, the above rules are applicable to the cancelation of standard tickets. For tickets with added Trip Flex, flight cancelations are allowed up to 1 hour before scheduled departure for regular bookings and up to 72 hours before departure for vacation package bookings. Passengers are not charged any cancelation fee in such cases even if cancelations are done after 24 hours and they are issued credit vouchers after the deduction of booking fees, carrier charges and Trip Flex fees.
Allegiant Air passengers can buy award tickets with reward points accrued from their participation in the Allways® Rewards Program. Passengers are allowed to cancel their award tickets as per the policy rules and get refunds. But interestingly, the refunds issued are not in the form of cash or points. Passengers get back their reward points after flight cancelation in the form of travel credits good for future use. No cancelation fee is deducted from the value before issuance of future credit if Trip Flex is added during purchase. A cancelation fee is also not charged if the award ticket is canceled within 24 hours of ticket purchase.
The Allegiant Air Cancelation Policy Guidelines
The Allegiant Air Cancelation Policy Guidelines are a long list of dos and don’ts with enough fine points to demand unbroken readers’ attention.Best efforts have been made here to describe all of those as lucidly as possible. Here they are.
- i. Allegiant Airhas a 24-hour cancelation Policy which allows all passengers to cancel their flights within 24 hours of booking without paying any cancelation fee irrespective of fare type.
- ii. As per the Allegiant Air Cancelation policy, 24-hour cancelation is the only option other than the special flight disruption clause, when passengers can obtain full refunds of the amounts they paid for ticket bookings.
- iii. All Allegiant Air flight tickets irrespective of fare type are non-refundable beyond 24 hours of purchase unless the Trip Flex option is added to them.
- iv. Cancelation fees are waived for tickets canceled even after 24 hours of purchase if the Trip Flex option is added to the fares at the time of booking.
- v. Allegiant Air has a cancelation cut-off time of at least 7 days before departure within which no cancelation is permitted for normal fares without Trip Flex.
- vi. If cancelations are made within 7 days of scheduled departure and Trip Flex is not added to the fares at the time of such bookings, the entire booking amounts are forfeited and a penalty fee is charged as per the rules of the Allegiant Air Cancelation policy.
- vii. However, with the Trip Flex option added to the fares, passengers are allowed to override the cancelation cut-off time and cancel their bookings up to 1 hour before departure without paying any cancelation fee.
- viii. The cancelation cut-off time is 72 hours from departure if passengers want to cancel their complete vacation packages and trip flex is already added to the original fares at the time of booking.
- ix. For tickets with Trip Flex, travel credits are issued if tickets are canceled after the 24-hour timeline has elapsed. Carrier charges, applicable booking fees and Fees for Trip Flex are deducted before adding the remaining value of tickets to the travel credits. Travel credits are non-refundable and non-transferable and can be used for future flight bookings.
- x. As per the Allegiant Air Cancelation policy guidelines, all future credits or credit vouchers must be redeemed within one year from the original date of ticket purchase.
- xi. Allegiant Air doesn’t issue any credit or refund for no-shows. If passengers fail to cancel their reservations by the respective cut-off time frames with or without Trip Flex and miss their flights, their entire booking amounts are forfeited.
- xii. If such passengers have return tickets with Allegiant Air or have a long itinerary with more than two flights to take, and they miss their first flights, then the return tickets or the tickets for the remaining parts of the journeys are automatically canceled and all amounts paid are forfeited.
- xiii. Passengers can cancel their reservations immediately and claim full refunds of their flight tickets, as per the terms of the Allegiant Air Cancelation policy, if their flights are canceled, delayed by more than 3 hours or rescheduled without prior warning due to reasons within Allegiant’s control.
- xiv. In the case of flight disruptions, passengers also have the option to wait till 72 hours after the scheduled departure when Allegiant Air automatically cancels entire itineraries and issues full refunds that are sent to the original modes of payment.
- xv. If passengers’ flights are disrupted, full refunds can be claimed only on unflown segments of travel.
- xvi. As per the terms of the Allegiant Air Cancelation policy, points redeemed to book flights under the Allways® Rewards Program are not directly returned to the Allways® accounts of passengers upon cancelation of flights. The points are returned in the form of credit vouchers that can be used for future flight bookings.
- xvii. Passengers are eligible to receive full refunds of the amounts paid for purchasing optional products or services provided those products or services remain unused at the time of flight cancelation.
- xviii. Payments made towards purchases of all optional products and services such as baggage, preferred seats and onboard meals or entertainment, all bundle inclusions such as hotel bookings and transportation costs and all fees such as carrier charges and taxes are non-refundable as per the Allegiant Air Cancelation policy. Even the Trip Flex option that adds flexibility to regular tickets is non-refundable by nature.
- xix. A separate cancelation fee may apply if passengers cancel any of these elements mentioned above.
- xx. All qualified refunds are sent to the original forms of payment. For payments made with credit or debit cards, at the time of ticket bookings, refunds are made to the related accounts within 7 business days.
- xxi. Refunds are made no later than 20 business days if cash or cheques are used as methods of payment during booking.
- xxii. If passengers purchase Allegiant tickets in installments through third-party lending companies, Allegiant would only take the responsibility of canceling the reservations upon receival of requests from passengers, but for refunds, passengers have to contact the third-party companies from whom they borrowed. Allegiant would take no responsibility for settling the refund amounts in such cases.
How to Cancel an Allegiant Air Flight?
Finding yourself in a situation, where canceling your flight ticket is the only option you have in your hands, may leave you utterly perplexed. Cancelations, penalties, refunds and deductions - there are so many things to manage at a time in situations like these that can cause quite a headache. Therefore, it is important to know the right process forcanceling air tickets so that you can cancel your flight without any hassle and get back all you paid for during flight booking in the quickest possible time.
Both the online and offline methods are discussed here so that you know how to cancel your Allegiant Air flight fast and quickly.
Online Ticket Cancelation
Online ticket cancelation is the safest, quickest and easiest process of flight ticket cancelation. Tickets can be canceled online conveniently from the comfort of your home. The following are the steps involved in the Allegiant Air online ticket cancelation process.
- i. First, you have to land on the homepage of the Allegiant Air official website, www.allegiantair.com. On top of the home page right above the Allegiant logo, there is a horizontal blue line stretched from left to right.
- ii. On the extreme right of this blue line, there are three menus – ‘Check-In,’ ‘Manage Trip,’ and ‘Flight Status.’ click on the second option, ‘Manage Trip.’
- iii. Once you click on the ‘manage Trip’ menu, you will be redirected to thelog in section of the ‘My Trips’ page.
- iv. There are three ways you can find your trip details here – by providing your booking confirmation number, by entering your email address or by entering the same credit or debit card information that you used at the time of booking. Choose any of these three options to retrieve your trip details.
- v. Access your trip information by choosing the first option if you have the booking confirmation number handy. Enter your first and last names in the designated boxes along with the booking confirmation number.
- vi. Then click on the “Find My Trip” button right below.
- vii. Now, you will be redirected to the trip details page where all your trip information would be available. The change and cancel buttons would be right on the top of the page.
- viii. If you booked only one flight and want to cancel it, simply click on the cancel trip button.
- ix. If you have booked more than one flight with Allegiant, select the trip first that you want to cancel and then click on the cancel trip button.
If 24 hours haven’t passed since you booked your flight ticket, you can claim a full refund after the cancelation of your flight. The process of submitting a refund request has been discussed later in this article.
Offline Flight Cancelation via Phone Call
Passengers can also cancel their reservations offline by calling the Allegiant Reservations Center at the following contact numbers – (702)-505-8888and +1-888-261-0054. They can talk toAllegiant Air representativesover phone calls and submit their cancelation requests.
Flight Cancelations from Airports or through Travel Agencies
Reservations can also be canceled directly from the airport ticket counters or through travel agencies. Most Online Travel Agencies (OTA) like Expedia or Orbitz have “Manage My Trips” sections on their websites which passengers may use to cancel their trips online. Most OTAs also provide the option of submitting cancelation request forms for which passengers receive instant email confirmations.
Allegiant Air Allways® Points Cancelation Policy
The Allegiant Air reward system is a bit different from other airlines. It is a strictly point-based system. To benefit from the reward system, passengers must become a part of the Allways® Rewards program first. Once a member, Allways® points can be accrued each time passengers make a verified purchase through the official website, by calling Customer Care or by using the Allegiant Credit Card. In Allegiant terminology, the word, verified purchase, is referred to as ‘qualified spend.’ The accrued Allways® points can be redeemed for purchasing flights, various products and services and vacation bundles. They can be also redeemed to pay for applicable taxes and fees during flight bookings. The following points have to be kept in mind while cancelingreward tickets and getting back the points.
- i. All flights and itinerary cancelations are subject to the terms and conditions of the standard Allegiant Air Cancelation policy.
- ii. Points redeemed for purchasing itineraries are returned to the passengers in the form of credit vouchers if the itineraries are canceled.
- iii. The credit vouchers can be used for future flight purchases or itinerary bookings.
- iv. As per the policy, Allegiant Air doesn’t reinstate the pointsto the passengers’ Allways® Points accounts in the event of reward flight cancelations.
The Allegiant Air 24-hour Cancellation Policy
Like all other airline companies, Allegiant Airalso has a 24-hour cancelation policy which allows passengers to obtain full refunds on flight tickets irrespective of fare type if canceled within 24 hours of booking. But the difference with other airlines is, it is the only option under the Allegiant Air Cancelation policy other than the flight disruption clause when passengers can claim full refunds against their canceled flights.The conditions under which the rules of this policy apply are,
- i. The flight reservations must be canceled within 24 hours of booking. The 24-hour time period starts from the exact time of ticket purchase.
- ii. The booking must be made at least 7 days (168 hours) before the scheduled departure to be eligible for full refunds.
- iii. The canceled ticket must not be a part of a bundle that includes both on-air and ground-based elements, products and services.
The key points of the 24-hour cancelation policy are as follows.
- i. Passengers are eligible to get refunds of full amounts paid during booking if they cancel their reservations within 24 hours.
- ii. No cancelation fee or refund processing fee is deducted from passengers for flight cancelation and issuance of full refunds.
- iii. The terms and conditions of the policy apply to all fare types.
- iv. The refunds are made to the original forms of payment used at the timeof flight bookings.
So, the Allegiant Air 24-hour Cancellation Policy divides the flight cancelation time frame into two which are as follows,
Within 24 hours
For cancelation of reservations within 24 hours of booking, passengers can claim and obtain full refunds on all types of tickets. Refunds are made to the original forms of payments used.
After 24 hours
After 24 hours have passed, all flight tickets become non-refundable as per the Allegiant Air Cancelation policy. This means that passengers can’t get their funds back if they cancel their flights after 24 hours of booking. They would be issued future credits if other conditions are made.
The Allegiant Air No-Show Policy
Allegiant Air tickets are treated as canceled-by-passengers if Passengers miss or fail to board their flights and don’t cancel their trips within the time limits specified in the Allegiant Air Cancelation policy. The entire booking amount paid for such tickets is forfeited. If the itinerary includes return or connecting journeys, then return tickets or the tickets for the remaining parts of the journeys are also canceled automatically and all funds are forfeited if passengers fail to board their first flights. As per the policy, Allegiant Air doesn’t issue any credit or refund for no-shows.
Allegiant Air Cancellation Fees
Based on time considerations, flight cancelation with Allegiant Air can be divided into two parts – within 24 hours and after 24 hours. Passengers are not charged any cancelation fee if they cancel their reservations within 24 hours of booking irrespective of the fare they originally purchased. But such relaxations are not available on standard tickets after 24 hours of purchase. After 24 hours, passengers are charged a cancelation fee of $25 per passenger per segment on standard tickets as per the terms and conditions of the Allegiant Air Cancelation policy. The cancelation fee has been temporarily reduced due to COVID, which can be increased anytime soon. Here, the word segment means one take-off and one landing. But with the Trip Flex option added to the standard ticket at the time of purchase, the Allegiant Air Cancelation Fee becomes zero even if the ticket is canceledafter 24 hours. Trip Flex itself is a non-refundable add-on that can be purchased as an extra and added to the regular fare.The cost of adding this to a reservation varies between $29 and $43 per person and per segment depending on the itinerary.
||Cancelation Fees ($)
|Within 24 hours
|After 24 Hours without Trip Flex
|After 24 Hours with Trip Flex
The Allegiant Air Refund Policy
The Allegiant Air Refund policy is straight and simple. It clearly specifies when a passenger can claim a refund, how much refund he is eligible to get, by what time he is going to receive the refund and the conditions under which future credits are issued instead of refunds. All of these are mentioned below along with the policy highlights.
- i. As per the rules of the Allegiant AirCancelation policy, passengers are eligible to get full refunds for canceling their flights only under the following two conditions.
(a) They cancel their flight tickets within 24 hours of purchase provided such purchases were made 7 days or more before departure
(b) Their flights were canceled, delayed or diverted without their knowledge
- ii. In all other cases, future credits are issued after cancelation minus booking fees, cancelation fees and carrier charges.
- iii. Beyond 24 hours of purchase, all Allegiant Air tickets are non-refundable, and the credits issued on them after cancelation are non-refundable as well.
- iv. As per the terms of the Allegiant Air Cancelation policy, the travel credits issued on canceled tickets can be used for booking flights in the future.
- v. Allegiant Air has a cut-off time of a minimum of 7 days before departure within which no cancelations are allowed for normal tickets without Trip Flex. Credits and Refunds are not issued against cancelations that violate this cut-off time.
- vi. Passengers with normal tickets without Trip Flex, who fail to adhere to the specified cut-off norms while canceling their flights, must be prepared to forfeit their entire booking amounts and pay a penalty under the terms of the Allegiant Air Cancelation policy. No refunds or credits are issued to such passengers.
- vii. Also,as per the Allegiant Air Refund policy, no credits and refunds are issued in case of no-shows. Passengers, who fail to cancel their flights within the cancelation cut-off time frame and miss their flights, receive no refunds or credits. Their bookings are considered passenger-initiated cancelations and all money paid towards such bookings are forfeited. More on the Allegiant Air No-Show policy has been discussed in the previous sections.
- viii. In the case of flight disruptions, i.e, if flights are canceled, delayed or rescheduled without warning and due to reasons within Allegiant’s control, passengers are provided with the option of asking for full refunds for the unflown segment of travels immediately after the events or wait till 72 hours for Allegiant to automatically cancel entire itineraries and issue full refunds to the original modes of payments.
- ix. Passengers, who book tickets using reward points under the Allways® Rewards Program, don’t get their points back directly to their Allways® accounts upon cancelation of flights. The points are returned in the form of credit vouchers that can be used for future flight bookings as per the terms of the Allegiant Air Cancelation policy.
- x. Allegiant Air would not be responsible for settling refunds if passengers purchase their flight tickets in installments paid by third-party lenders. Although Allegiant would process the cancelation requests in such cases, passengers must contact the third-party companies from where they borrowed for refunds.
- xi. Allegiant Air issues all refunds to the original modes of payment. If credit or debit cards were originally used to make paymentsduring bookings, refunds would be made to the accounts related to those cards within 7 business days from the day of receival of complete refund requests with full documentation.
- xii. Refunds would be made within 20 business days if cash or cheques were used for payments during bookings.
- xiii. As per the Allegiant Air Refund policy, all eligible refunds would be made in the same currency which was used for ticket purchase or in US Dollars.
- xiv. As per the rules of the Allegiant Air Refund policy, all refund requests with complete documentation should be sent by postal mail to the following address:
Allegiant Travel Company
ATTN: Customer Relations Department
PO Box- 371730
Las Vegas, NV – 89137
- xv. For faster processing of refunds, passengers may, however, prefer to submit refund request forms online.
How to get a ticket refund from Allegiant Air?
There are three ways to request and get refunds from Allegiant Air which are discussed below.
Online refund through the Allegiant Air official website
The online refund process starts with flight cancelation which has been discussed in great detail in the previous sections. Here is a quick recap of the whole process.
- i. Visit the homepage of the official Allegiant Air website and find the ‘Manage Trip’ menu on the top right of the page.
- ii. Click on the ‘Manage Trip’ menu and you will be redirected to a new page where you would be asked to log in with your credentials. You’ll have three login options to choose from. Login with whatever information you have in hand.
- iii. Once you fill up the designated boxes with details you’ve been asked to provide, click on the “Find My Trip” button.
- iv. You’ll be redirected to the Trip details page where you’ll find all your trip information on your computer screen. You’ll find the cancel and change flight buttons right on top. Select the trip you want to cancel if you have booked multiple flights, and click on the cancel button. Your cancelation request would be submitted.
- v. Find the request a refund option on this same trip details page and follow the prompts to select that option. Now, submit the refund request.
You will be notified via email when your flight cancelation is confirmed. Refunds would be processed as per rules depending on your eligibility.
Offline refund via postal mail
Passengers can also request and obtain refunds offline by sending written requests with documentation to the Allegiant Air Customer Relations Department via postal mail. The address is mentioned below,
- Allegiant Travel Company
- ATTN: Customer Relations Department
- PO Box- 371730
- Las Vegas, NV – 89137
Please note that in the case of offline refund requests, the 7 days or 20 days refund processing timeline mentioned in the Allegiant Air cancelation policy, would be counted from the day of receiving refund requests in-person with complete documentation.
Refund from a third-party company
Passengers who purchased their Allegiant Air tickets in installments through payments from third-party organizations such as credit card companies, banks or financial institutions, must apply for refunds through them as per the rules of the Allegiant Air cancelation policy. Although the cancelation process is handled by Allegiant Air in such cases, the refund process must be managed and the credit line settled by the third-party company.