Want to travel to an epic place in the world? Visit Alaska!
Alaska embraces the beauty of valleys like Matanuska-Susitna, Wrangell Mountain, and the Kenai Peninsula. Pleasant peace can be seen in the Alaska Range and Prince William Sound area. In this city, there are more than three million lakes. This beautiful city covers 487700 km of area. Moreover, the rest is covered by glacier ice. And one of the biggest glaciers, i.e., Bering glacier is located in Alaska.
Best Time to visit Alaska
The perfect timing to plan a trip to Alaska is between May and September. During these months, clear weather can be admired with mild temperatures and long sunshine hours than other days. While a relaxing vacation can be planned for June and August wherein one can enjoy both fishing and whale watching. Hence these two months can be considered as the rush months for the tourists. But expenses can be decreased before and after the summer rush. Mainly people admire winter months because of snow-related sports, the Northern Lights, or the Iditarod festival.
Best tourist attractions in Alaska
Alaska, the world of authentic scenery, giant glaciers, pristine forests, marvelous lodge, and ample wildlife. This city has places like Juneau, Anchorage, Ketchikan, Talkeetna, Skagway, Sitka, Haines, Homer, and Valdez that are the best places to visit there. Denali, Glacier Bay, and Mendenhall Ice Caves are some other places to look upon.
- Hubbard Glacier- Wrangell St. Elias National Park has Hubbard glacier which is 200 meters northwest of Juneau.
- Girdwood- It is a mountain town whose boundary is full of Chugach Mountain Range and seven permanent glaciers. The rest of this town is filled with lush old forest.
Facts about Alaska
- ● The largest state, taxes are half of the size than Alaska.
- ● In 1913, women of Alaska got the right to cast their votes.
- ● The Sitka Times was the first newspaper that was launched in Alaska.
- ● The world’s largest zinc producer is a red dog zinc mine in Alaska.
- ● Alaska’s Wrangell-St. Elias National Park has spectacular Malaspina Glacier which covers more than twice the area than the state of Delaware.
- ● All items in Alaska are tax-free.
- ● Among the United States region, Alaska is the largest state (in the area).
- ● To enter the City of Alaska, people can travel using the ESTA. Being one of the most visited tourist places, this privilege is granted to the tourist that belongs to the country that falls under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). VWP was launched by the government to help the tourists with E-Visa, holding international passports, to travel with the USA with a proper visa. People can travel for a time of 90 days under the VWP.