JetBlue Airlines Group Travel Booking: Benefits, Booking Process, and Terms
Group travel has evolved a lot over the years. It is no longer about leisure alone. It is also about meetings, seminars and rewards. There was a time when families, sports teams, churches and schools booked group travel for vacations, excursions and sporting and religious events, and they traveled together on the same flights to reach the same destinations. But with time, the nature of group travel has changed. With the rise of the global business community, corporate group travel has blossomed as a growing trend, becoming one of the chief contributors to the global group travel business. So, it doesn’t matter whether fifty stakeholders related to a business entity or corporate body travel separately on different flights from different points of origin across the world to reach a single destination for an event or seminar, it is still considered group travel by aviation companies. Therefore, such group travelers receive the same kinds of flexibilities, benefits and conveniences as passengers in conventional group travel do.
And JetBlue, being one of the leading low-cost carriers in the US, offers both conventional group travel as well as corporate meeting and incentive group travel programs to passengers. The multitude of perks and benefits, comforts, and conveniences offered by the airline to the passengers and the underlying terms and conditions are included in the JetBlue Airlines Group Booking policy. The policy discusses the group booking cancelation norms and the complete group booking process in great detail and answers FAQs with due diligence. Details about the policy are described below.
The JetBlue Airlines Group Reservations policy
The JetBlue Airlines Group Reservations policy is a strategic guideline related to group travel. The policy includes a long list of terms and conditions that governs the entire JetBlue Airlines group booking process. The group reservations policy also discusses the perks and benefits offered by JetBlue to group passengers under itsconventional as well as corporate group travel programs. Also, the JetBlue Airlines group travel cancelation and refunds norms find a place in this group reservation policy. So, go through the following sections where the entire policy is discussed in great detail.
JetBlue Airlines Group Booking Terms & Conditions
- i. The minimum number of group members required to be eligible for group booking benefits under theJetBlue Airlines Group Reservations policy is 10.Small groups of up to 7 passengers consisting of family members and friends can book multiple JetBlue tickets at a time, but they won’t be eligible for the same benefits and flexibility that are associated with a group booking.
- ii. Groups with up to 9 members are advised by JetBlue to chat with the group helpdesk for assistance regarding special rates or benefits if any.
- iii. To qualify for JetBlue Airlines Group Booking benefits, all group members must travel on the same flight at the same time on the same date. Bookings of passengers traveling separately from the group on separate flights would be treated as regular individual bookings with no entitlements to group benefits and flexibilities. Regular ticket booking norms would apply to such bookings with appropriate restrictions. However, incentive and meeting travels are considered group travels because group members in such cases reach a single destination.
- iv. As per the JetBlue Airlines Group booking policy, all groups consisting of minor group members under the age of 18 must have a good number of supervisors or guides in the team who are capable enough of handling minor children.
- v. All groups intending to benefit from theJetBlue Airlines Group Reservationspolicy must submit a duly filled-up group quote request form to start the process ofa group booking. On receipt of the group quote request, a dedicated group representative from the JetBlue Group Desk contacts the group leader with a custom-made price quote within the next few business days.
- vi. The JetBlue Airlines Group Booking policy makes it clear that the mere submission of the group quote request form and the receipt of the price quote from the airline are not guaranteesof the availability mentioned space on the aircraft and the validity of quoted fares.
- vii. The fare quotes provided by JetBlue Airlines to group customers are only valid for up to 2 weeks depending on the timing of quote generation and the date of travel and they are subject to the availability of seats at the time of booking. A delay in booking could cause a revision of the fare quotes resulting in a possible change of group booking terms and conditions as well.
- viii. As per the JetBlue Airlines group booking norms, seats are blocked on a particular flight for groups only when a deposit of $50 per group member is received up to 30 days prior to departure in case of domestic travel. The same timing reduces to up to 60 days before departure in case of international travels within North and South America.
- ix. The deposit amount to hold seats for transatlantic group bookings is $150 per group passenger.
- x. As per the JetBlue Airlines group booking policy, all deposits must be paid within 14 days from the date of booking if such booking is done 120 days or more from the date of departure. Failure to pay the deposit amount by the due date results in the automatic cancelation of the JetBlue group booking.
- xi. All deposits are completely non-refundable and they are adjusted toward the final payments. The entire group booking amount including the deposits and fees is to be paid only by the US Dollars. Currency conversion rates may apply in case of payments with other currencies.
- xii. The final payment due date is usually 30 days prior to the date of departure for domestic travel. The same is 60 days before departure for all international travels. Failure to clear all dues for group booking by the final payment due date may result in the automatic cancelation of the entire group booking.
- xiii. JetBlue Airlines usually collects the entire payment for group booking in four steps or through four transactions depending on payment restrictions which may apply in case of certain dates of travel.
- xiv. All deposits and other payments are accepted through credit cards, money orders, and personal and agency cheques. Payments through cheques must be made only in the Salt Lake City Office of the airline on or before the due dates.
- xv. The JetBlue Airlines group booking policy mandates that a complete passenger list along with names and personal details of every passenger in the group must be submitted to the airline on or before 30 days from departure without fail for domestic, international as well as transatlantic travel. If the same is not done within the name due date, JetBlue Airlines reserves the right to cancel the entire group booking without notice and forfeit the entire deposit and other payments made.
- xvi. Name corrections on group tickets can be made free of cost, but such free changes can be performed only up to 72 hours before departure.
- xvii. However, as per the JetBlue Airlines group reservations norms, name changes are chargeable at the rate of $100 per passenger plus taxes and fees after name lists are submitted and up to 72 hours before scheduled departure. No name changes are allowed within 72 hours of scheduled departure.
- xviii. JetBlue Airlines allows deviations in group travel related to the itinerary, date and time of travel. All individual deviations are chargeable at the rate of $135 per passenger once the final payment is made and ticketing for the group booking is completed.
- xix. The JetBlue Airlines group booking policy specifies that all deviation requests must be submitted by the group leader and as a rule only 20% of the total group size is allowed to deviate.
- xx. In case of deviations, individual group passengers must be ready to pay the difference in airfare along with the change fees. New travel dates are allotted to the deviating passengers up to two weeks before or after the original date of travel.
- xxi. As per the JetBlue Airlines group booking policy, all changes to group bookings related to the itinerary, date and time of travel and flight must be made by contacting the JetBlue Groups Desk only.
- xxii. Additional tickets booked on the Internet are not considered part of the group and, therefore, can’t be added to the group booking. Such online bookings are subject to the general reservation rules and restrictions.
- xxiii. All tickets added after original group reservations have been ticketed are done at current individual airfare. Such ticket holders may be required to pay in full at the time of booking.
- xxiv. As per the JetBlue Airlines group booking norms, minors with additional bookings or separate reservations can’t be added to the original group bookings.
- xxv. JetBlue Airlines assigns seat blocks only after deposits are made for group bookings. The airline doesn’t guarantee any preferred seating arrangement. Passengers must understand that seat assignments are subject to the availability of seats at the time of deposits and they are subject to change.
- xxvi. Names of passengers who are already TrueBlue® members can’t be added to the group reservations.
- xxvii. The JetBlue Airlines group booking norms clarify that benefits received under the Mosaic and AAdvantage elite programs are not applicable to group bookings.
- xxviii. Any cancellation initiated or changes made in group travel within 30 days of departure leads to forfeiture of the entire booking amount or the total money paid. All payments to JetBlue are non-refundable.
- xxix. If the total number of group members drops below 10 at any point in time before the final payment and after the deposit date, the group reservations are automatically canceled by JetBlue and rebooked as individual reservations at current fare, forfeiting in the process all deposits which have been paid. The general fare rules and restrictions are applicable to new reservations.
- xxx. JetBlue Airlines clearly states through its group booking policy that it doesn’t offer any low fares or discounts on group bookings.
- xxxi. As per the JetBlue Airlines group booking norms, individual group members aren’t allowed to check in online in advance through the website or mobile app, nor are they allowed to check in at the airport kiosks. To check in, they have to proceed to the ticket counter together and take assistance from a crew member.
JetBlue Airlines Group Travel Benefits
JetBlue Airlines divides group travel into two types – leisure travel and Incentive or Meeting Travel. It offers special benefits and perks forboth of these two types of group bookings. The JetBlue Airlines group travel benefits are discussed below,
a. Customized Group fares: JetBlue Airlines Group Ratesare always special, competitive and one of the lowest group fares in the market considering the values it add and the flexibilities it provides. Each group fare quoted by the airline for the groups is custom-made and unique.
b. Deferred Name Date: With JetBlue Airlines group bookings, groups are not required to submit full passenger lists and disclose passenger details at the time of booking. The airline offers flexibility to groups to submit passenger lists later on or before the name dates which aregenerally scheduled 30 days before departure for domestic travels and 60 days before departure for international and transatlantic travels.
c. Travel Together or Separate: JetBlue Airlines allows passengers to travel together or separately depending on the group travel schemes they may choose. With regular group travel undertaken for leisure, all group members can travel together on the same flight at the same time and reach the same destination, whereas, with an incentive or meeting travel, group members can travel from multiple origins on different flights and reach a single destination. With JetBlue Airlines group travel, passengers have the flexibility to choose which one of these options suits them the best.
d. The Flexibility of Name Change and/or Correction: The JetBlue Airlines group reservations policy allows passengers to change names between 30 or 60 days from departure (depending on types of travel) and 72 hours before departure, even after final passenger name lists are submitted, for a name change fee of $100 per passenger. Name corrections on group tickets during the same period don’t cost anything to the groups. However, JetBlue prohibits any name change or correction within 72 hours prior to departure.
e. Chance to Deviate: JetBlue Airlines allows up to 10% of the total group size to deviate at no extra cost. Here, deviation refers to changes in the itinerary, date and time of travel from the original group travel booking. The only extra amount the deviating passengers are required to pay in such cases is the difference in airfare applicable due to a change of flight, date and time.
f. Payment Flexibility & Low Deposits: With JetBlue Airlines group bookings, passengers enjoy the flexibility of paying in installments for group reservations. They are not required as per the JetBlue Airlines group booking norms to pay at the time of booking group travel. They get up to 14 days to make their first deposits. Even the deposit amount they are required to pay is one of the lowest in the industry, which is only $50 per passenger for domestic and international travel and $150 per passenger for transatlantic travel under the incentive and meeting travel schemes. Passengers can pay the entire group booking amount in up to 4 installments which may vary depending on payment restrictions that may apply in relation to the date of departure. The final payment due date is usually 30 days or 60 days prior to departure which depends on the type of group travel (domestic, international or transatlantic) being undertaken.
JetBlue Airlines Group Ticket Rates
JetBlue Airlines Group Ratesare custom-made and prepared after consideration of several important factors such as the group size, date and time of travel, specific requirements (if any) and competitor rates apart from other traditional price determinants. The airline guarantees the best possible fares for groups as per their needs and specifications. The JetBlue Airlines Group Discount is a myth as the airline by its own declaration doesn’t provide any kind of discount on group fares. Also, in its own words, it doesn’t believe in lower group fares. But the airline promises to offer special group rates that are unique in terms of the exceptional services they provide and the flexibilities they promise.
How to book group travel tickets with JetBlue Airlines?
Booking group travel with JetBlue Airlines iseasy. The entire process can be divided into three simple steps – learning the benefits and terms and conditions, filling up and submitting the group quote request form, and completing the booking and making payments. These three steps can be completed in many ways, out of which the most commonly used and accepted methods are mentioned below.
1. Online group booking through the official website
The JetBlue Airlines official website is one of the most easily navigable websites you’d come across in the travel industry. All the useful links associated with group booking can be found without any effort and the entire group booking process including the filling up and submission of the group quote request forms can be completed in a few clicks of the mouse. So, experience the smoothest online group booking process by following the below-mentioned steps
- i. First, you need to write down www.Jetblue.com on your web browser and press enter which would land you on the homepage of the official website of the airline.
- ii. Once you are on the homepage, check out the blue menu bar and take the mouse to the last menu called “Travel Info.” Click on the menu and it would open a large dropdown box with several submenu options and external links nicely put in order under four columns.
- iii. Check out the 3rd column with the heading, “Traveling Together.” Now, scroll down your mouse to the 3rd submenu called “Group Travel.” Click on that and you’d be directed to another page with the same name.
- iv. Scroll down the new page and find the group travel request form. Fill it up with details and click on the “Request group travel” button.
- v. Once you submit the group travel request form, you will be contacted by a JetBlue Groups Desk representative via email with a group fare quote within the next few business days.
- vi. Complete the online group booking process through the website by following the instructions provided if you agree to the quoted fare and underlying terms and conditions.
2. Online booking assistance through live chat and Whatsapp
Like other airlines, JetBlue is also modern and technologically advanced. It uses the latest technologies and the social media platforms like Whatsapp to stay connected to its customers. You can easily connect to the JetBlue Groups Desk via Live Chat on the official website. You can also get in touch with JetBlue through Whatsapp and get real-time assistance regarding group booking from them.
3. Offline group booking by calling the helpdesk
You can also book group travel with JetBlue Airlines by simply contacting JetBlue Groups Desk on the toll-free phone number 1-888-538-2583 from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m and 7.30 p.m (Eastern Time) and between 5 a.m and 4.30 p.m (Pacific Time). The Groups Desk is closed on the weekends. Talk to a representative live from the helpdesk by selecting option 2 after dialing the phone number.The offline method is best if you have less than 60 days in hand from your intended date of group travel.
JetBlue Airlines group travel cancellation policy
JetBlue Airlines has a well-defined group travel cancellation policy that talks about cancelation fees and the terms and conditions for group booking cancelations. Excerpts from the JetBlue Airlines group travel cancellation policy are mentioned point-by-point below.
- i) First of all, the JetBlue Airlines group travel cancelation policy rules out any possibility of receiving any refund against the cancelation of group travel booking. It makes clear that any payment including deposits, fees and final payments made to JetBlue Airlines for a group booking is completely non-refundable.
- ii) If at any point in time before the final payment is made the group member count drops below the required 10 passengers, the entire group booking is automatically canceledby JetBlue Airlines and the reservations are rebooked as regular individual tickets at the currently available fare with the total amount of deposits paid till that stage being forfeited. In such cases, the booking is no longer treated as group booking by JetBlue and general fare rules and restrictions apply on them.
- iii) In the case of cancelation of domestic group travel booking after the deposit is made and up to 30 days before departure, a change fee of $135 per passenger is levied. In the case of international and transatlantic group travel bookings, this time frame is of 60 days from departure.
- iv) For domestic travel, if the cancelation is made within 30 days of departure, it would result in complete forfeiture of all money paid toward the particular booking. If it involves the complete cancelation of reservations of the entire group, that would lead to forfeiture of the total amount paid by the group toward group booking.
- v) Booking amounts paid are similarly forfeited for international and transatlantic group travel bookings if such bookings are canceled either in part or in full within 60 days of scheduled departure.