Are you a history lover? Travel to Washington!
Washington, the cultural center of the United States of America. Thousands of monuments are present in one place, i.e. Washington. Washington is not only known for its world-class education but also acknowledged by its manufacturing industries that include missiles, ship parts and equipment, lumber, food processing, metals and metal products, chemicals, machinery, and so on. Washington holds a whole book full of its interesting history.
Best Time to Visit Washington
The perfect time to plan a trip for Washington is divided into two phases- the months of March to May and the months of September to November. Fall time in Washington is outstanding for tourists and thus, it is advised to visit during this time. Washington is a favorable place to go for a vacay after the outburst of summer days.
Best Tourist Attractions in Washington
There is a humongous variety of monuments, historical places, and more to be observed in Washington, for instance- Washington Monument and the National Mall, the US Capitol, Library of Congress, US Holocaust Memorial Museum, Supreme Court of the United States, Georgetown and the Waterfront Park, National Zoo, Lincoln Memorial, Thomas Jefferson Memorial, Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, National Gallery of Art, the Kennedy Center, World War II Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park, Newseum, Ben’s Chili Bowl, the US National Arboretum, National Cathedral, Arlington National Cemetery, and a lot-lot more such places.
Moreover, the lovable cuisine of Washington also attracts the people. Food such as greasy burgers, chesapeake blue crabs, Korean fried chicken, mumbo sauce, DC’S iconic half-smoke, and so on.
Facts about Washington
- ● On the name of former President George Washington, the name is given to this state.
- ● Washington is the largest procedure of cherries, apples, pears, and red raspberries within its country, i.e., the USA.
- ● Spaniard Juan Pérez made the first European record of landing on the Washington coast.
- ● It is the 18th largest state in the United States of America in terms of total area with 184,827 square kilometers (i.e., 71,362 square miles).
- ● To enter the City of Washington, people can travel using the ESTA. Being one of the most visited tourist places, this Visa Waiver Program (VWP) was launched by the government to help the tourists with Visa, holding international passports. People can stay according to the instructions given by the authority for a period of 90 days. To be able to travel with the ESTA, one needs to be a citizen of any one of the 39 countries that are part of the VWP.